Vance Street Park contains the 64,000 square foot Waynesville Recreation Center, a softball field, soccer field, picnic shelter, restrooms, two sand volleyball courts, green space and a walking trail beside Richland Creek. It also contains a handicapped fishing pier. It is roughly 16 acres.
Vance Street Park has the following available for rent...
- Softball Field
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Picnic Shelter
For a rental form please click here.
Contact & Address
- Phone: 828.456.2030
- Fax: 828.456.2034
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 430 Vance Street, Waynesville, NC, 28786
- Size: 8 acres
- Dawn until Dusk (except for the Waynesville Recreation Center)
Rules & Guidelines for all Parks
- The Town of Waynesville is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Park users must be aware that participation in any physical activity or program could have inherent and unforeseen risks that may cause injury, harm or death.
- Anyone taking part in a program or activity sponsored by the Waynesville Parks and Recreation Department must assume the risks associated with such participation and be responsible for taking proper precautions.
- No one under the age of 18 years may smoke on Waynesville Parks and Recreation Department property.NO alcoholic beverages, drugs, fire arms or other weapons, or gambling are allowed on Waynesville Parks and Recreation Department property.
- Vandalism, defacing of property, loitering or use of profanity will not be tolerated. Restitution will be required for any misuse.
- Any expression of physical or verbal abuse, or acts of intimidation, harassment, or other threatening behavior directed towards any staff member or park user will result in suspension and/or legal action.
- Using the Waynesville Parks and Recreation Department property for personal gain or profit is prohibited unless given permission by the Department.
- All animals outside of the Pepsi Dog Park must be on a leash.
- Animal owners must clean up after their animal.
- Failure to adhere to these rules will result in ejection or suspension from the park.
Directions to Vance Street Park from Asheville, NC
- Take I-40 West and take Exit 27
- Follow Highway 23/74 West to Exit 102 and turn right on to Russ Avenue (276 South)
- Go under bridge to second red light and at light turn left on to Howell Mill Road
- Go 1/2 mile and turn right on to Vance Street and see the Center on the left
- See parking lot for Vance Street Park beside softball field
Directions to Vance Street Park from Sylva, NC
- Follow 23/74 East to Exit 102A
- Turn right on to Russ Avenue (276 South) and go to second red light
- Turn left on to Howell Mill Road and go 1/2 mile and turn right on Vance Street
- See the Center on the left
- See parking lot for Vance Street Park beside softball field.