The Town of Waynesville Board of Aldermen is accepting applications to fill the following vacancies on various community boards and commissions. Applications must be submitted for consideration. Applications are kept on file for one year. Unless indicated, applicants must be a resident of Waynesville to qualify.
· ABC Board – one vacancy
· Cemetery Committee – seven vacancies
· Historic Preservation Commission – two vacancies
· Planning Board – three vacancies; one for ETJ representative
· Public Art Commission – three vacancies
· Recreation Advisory Board – four vacancies
· Waynesville Housing Authority – one vacancy
Zoning Board of Adjustment - one vacancy
The application is below.
In 2013, the Town of Waynesville Board of Aldermen approved moving to a standardized annual appointment date for all volunteer boards and commissions to coincide with the fiscal year July 1 to June 30 and limited the number of terms served without a one year break to two terms. Effective June 12, 2018, the Board of Aldermen amended the term limit to three (3) terms.