Resolutions and Proclamations

Resolutions state the opinion or feeling of the Town Council and are used to dictate policy to Town employees, congratulate an organization or a person, express sorrow at the death of a well-known person or urge another governmental body, such as the U.S. Congress, to take a desired action. This is different from an ordinance. An ordinance authorizes the spending of town money, sets tax levies or establishes regulations that govern the actions of town departments and residents.

Any member of the Town Council, Town Manager, resident or group may request resolutions or proclamations be adopted by the Town of Waynesville. If you are interested in presenting a resolution, please contact Town Clerk Candace Poolton ( or call (828) 452-2491.