- Population: 10,137 (7-1-17 State Certified Estimate)
- Tax Rate: 49.57 cents per $100 valuation (effective July 1, 2018)
- Square Miles: 6.9
Waynesville operates a water treatment plant, including an 8,400 acre watershed with a WS-1 restricted classification, certified bacteriological lab and a 50 acre lake. The plant has a capacity of 8 million gallons per day and serves 17,000 customers.
Waynesville operates a wastewater treatment plant with a 6 million gallon per day capacity with an average flow of 3.5 million gallons per day. It uses a conventional primary treatment process with secondary biological processes.
Waynesville provides electric service to some areas inside the corporate limits. Electric service is also provided to some customers by Duke Energy Progress.
Public Service Company of North Carolina provides natural gas service to some areas in Waynesville. Propane is also available from local distributors.
- Temperature: Annual average 54.1 degrees
- Monthly average: January 37.5 degrees
- June 70.7 degrees
- Rainfall: 47.5 inches (annual average)
- Snowfall: 12.2 inches (annual average)
- Elevation: 2,713 feet