Red Splash
For Frequently Asked Questions related to Contacts, Viewing of Information or Requests - scroll down the page

How Do I?

curve-overlay Created with Sketch.


Haywood County Clerk of Court for court information, wills, estates, foreclosures, passports

Haywood County Register of Deeds for real estate records, vital records (birth/death), marriage licenses

Downtown Waynesville Association for general information about downtown, events and festivals and Christmas Parade

Haywood County Tourism Development Authority for accommodations, things to do and see in Haywood County

Haywood Chamber of Commerce for relocation, visitor and economic development information

Haywood County Animal Control for assistance with animal complaints, or injured or sick animals

Haywood County Convenience Centers  (Solid Waste) for garbage and recycling drop off locations in Haywood County 

Waynesville Post Office 

Waynesville Housing Authority for information on public housing and housing availability - 828-452-1223

For emergency after regular business hours contact with water, sewer or electrical issues - contact the Waynesville Police Department at 828-456-5363.


To view agendas and minutes from various boards and commissions including the Board of Aldermen -visit

To view vacancies for Boards and Commissions and for information related to applying

To view the Town of Waynesville's Code of Ordinances visit Municode

To view the Town of Waynesville Budget and Fee Schedule

To view Floodplain Information, maps for future NCDOT projects and other planning related information

To view information related to trash pick-up, junk collection and recycling

To view the Town of Waynesville Holiday Schedule including the trash pick up schedule

To view meeting notices and other events, visit the home page or click on the events tab at the top of the page

For emergency after regular business hours contact with water, sewer or electrical issues - contact the Waynesville Police Department at 828-456-5363


Location, hours of service and contact information for different Town departments - visit the departments tab for specific departmental information

What do I need to open a utility account?  You need to complete the proper application form and have proof of ownership or lease of the property where utility service will be.  

Where do I pay for my utilities?  You can pay online or by visiting the Finance Office at 280 Georgia Avenue, Waynesville NC 28786.  

How do I know if I have Town water/sewer available at my residence?  Contact the Finance Office at 828-456-3515

What if I notice a water leak, line break or other reportable incident involving infrastructure?  Utilize the report an outage page or contact Public Services at 828-456-3706

Where do I pay my town taxes or where can I get information about my taxes?  Contact the Finance Office at 828-456-3515 or visit the Finance Department Taxes page 

How can I schedule a pool party, rent a picnic shelter or room for an event?  Contact the Recreation and Parks Department at 828-456-2030 or visit the Recreation Department page 

What if I need to add a structure or remodel part of my home?  Who should I contact?  You should contact the Development Services Department for specific questions related to building and building permits.