The Town of Waynesville Offices will be closed on Monday, May 25 in observance of Memorial Day in accordance with the NC State Holiday Schedule. The Offices will re-open on Tuesday, May 26 on a regular schedule. No garbage pick-up will occur on May 25. Garbage will be picked up on Tuesday, May 26.
BOARD OF ALDERMEN SCHEDULE CHANGE
The Town of Waynesville Board of Aldermen regular meeting scheduled for Tuesday, May 26th has been cancelled. There will be a special called meeting on Monday, June 1, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. in the Town Hall Board Room located at 9 South Main Street, Waynesville. Topics for the meeting include approval of the minutes from the previous meeting, consideration of a cell tower lease and of the FY 2016 Proposed Budget Message
FIRE DEPARTMENT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
The Town of Waynesville Fire Department is accepting applications for volunteer firefighters until May 31, 2015. Please visit the Fire Department page (http://www.waynesvillenc.gov/membership-opportunity) for the requirements and application. Applications can be turned in at either of the Waynesville Fire Stations.
TOWN ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR VOLUNTEER BOARDS
In 2013, the Town of Waynesville Board of Aldermen approved moving to a standardized annual appointment date for all volunteer boards and commissions to coincide with the fiscal year. In an effort to ensure that individuals are appointed and prepared to serve beginning July 1, the Town of Waynesville Board of Aldermen is accepting applications to fill the following vacancies:
- ABC Board – one (1) position – must be a resident of Waynesville
- Historic Preservation Commission – three (3) positions – all must be residents of Waynesville
- Waynesville Housing Authority – one (1) position – may be either a resident of Waynesville or currently being assisted by the housing authority
- Planning Board – three (3) positions – all must be residents of Waynesville
- Public Art Commission – three (3) positions – two must be residents of Waynesville, one at-large member from anywhere in the county
- Recreation and Parks Advisory Commission – three (3) positions – two must be residents of Waynesville, one a resident in the extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ)
- Zoning Board of Adjustment – two (2) positions – one must be a resident of Waynesville, one a resident in the extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ)
Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 29, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. Appointments will be made at the June 23 regular meeting of the Board of Aldermen meeting. Applications will remain active for one year from the submission date.
For more information, contact the Town of Waynesville at 828-452-2491 or email Amie Owens, Town Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application for Boards and Commissions