The Town of Waynesville Board of Aldermen is accepting applications to fill the following vacancies on various community boards and commissions. Applications should be submitted no later than June 18, 2019 for consideration. Applications are kept on file for one year. Unless indicated, applicants must be a resident of Waynesville to qualify.
- ABC Board – one vacancy
- Historic Preservation Commission – three vacancies
- Planning Board – four vacancies; one for ETJ representative
- Public Art Commission – two vacancies
- Recreation Advisory Board – two vacancies
- Waynesville Housing Authority –three vacancies
- Zoning Board of Adjustment – five vacancies – one for ETJ representative, two for Town representative and two (2) alternates from either ETJ or Town.
The terms for these boards are three years will begin on July 1, 2019 and run through June 30, 2022; except for the Waynesville Housing Authority which carries a five-year term.
Applications are available online at www.waynesvillenc.gov/current-vacancies or can be obtained at the Municipal Building, 16 South Main Street, Waynesville. For more information, contact Town Clerk Eddie Ward at 828-452-2491 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2013, the Town of Waynesville Board of Aldermen approved moving to a standardized annual appointment date for all volunteer boards and commissions to coincide with the fiscal year July 1 to June 30 and limited the number of terms served without a one year break to two terms. Effective June 12, 2018, the Board of Aldermen amended the term limit to three (3) terms.