On December 18, 2000, the Waynesville Recreation Center officially opened, named for Mr. Bob Brannon, a local resident, who began pioneering the building's conception over 30 years ago. The facility is 64,000 square feet and has a water play park, lap pool, 1/10 mile rubber walking track, two basketball courts, weight room, aerobics room, spin cycle room, cardio area, two racquetball courts, a game room and a multipurpose room that is used for meetings, parties, showers, family reunions, etc.
The Waynesville Recreation Center offers many programs such as water aerobics, land aerobics, swim lessons, swim team, dance classes, spin classes, judo, pilates, Zumba, SilverSneakers and many more.
Rules & Guidelines
- The Town of Waynesville is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Members, visitors and guests must be aware that participation in any physical activity or program could have inherent and unforeseen risks that may cause injury, harm or death.
- Anyone taking part in a program or activity sponsored by the Waynesville Parks and Recreation Department must assume the risks associated with such participation and be responsible for taking proper precautions.
- NO smoking oruse of any tobacco products within the facility. Non one under the age of 18 years may smoke on Waynesville Recreation Center property.
- NO alcoholic beverages, drugs, fire arms or other weapons, or gambling are allowed in the buildings or grounds.
- Vandalism, defacing of property, loitering or use of profanity within the facility will not be tolerated. Restitution will be required for misuse of equipment.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by and supervised by a responsible adult.
- Any expression of physical or verbal abuse, or acts of intimidation, harassment, or other threatening behavior directed towards any staff member or user of the facility will result in suspension and/or legal action.
- Using the Waynesville Recreation Center for personal gain or profit is prohibited.
- Food will be allowed ONLY in the concession vending area. No glass containers allowed.
- Failure to adhere to these rules will result in ejection or suspension from the premises. Suspension means you lose the privilege of using the Waynesville Recreation Center facilities. NO financial reimbursement will be given due to suspension.