About the Department

Waynesville Fire Department was established in 1903 by Frank Miller. Two hose reel carts were purchased in 1906, one for each end of Town. The Department built it's first actual fire truck in 1912. The first commercially manufactured truck was purchased in 1926. The photo above is of this first truck, an American LaFrance. The Department still owns the truck and it is kept at Station 1. Below is a current photo of the truck.